Full Time Post 37.5 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract until October 2024
£26,700 per annum plus 3% pension
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 23rd September 2022
Location: Braunton Countryside Centre, Caen Street, Braunton, Devon EX33 1AA
Braunton Countryside Centre lies at the heart of the North Devon UNESCO Biosphere and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Since its redevelopment in 2017, the Countryside Centre has gone from strength to strength thanks to a strong board of Trustees and dedicated group of volunteers. It attracts over 10,000 visitors a year and is the only Countryside Centre in North Devon providing information, interactive and live exhibits, interpretation, events, activities and experiences promoting the natural heritage of the area.
The North Devon Environmental Trust have been successful in a bid to the Heritage Lottery Fund which will be match funded by PowerVault Ltd. The project which is for 2 years, will connect people with nature in the Parish of Braunton and help secure the financial future of the Braunton Countryside Centre.
The projects aims will help to deliver a number outcomes including raising awareness of the unique wildlife and habitats in Braunton which make up the core of the UNESCO designated Biosphere. Outcomes will also help engage our community and visitors in nature recovery and climate action as well as helping a diverse range of people access natural resources leading to improved health and wellbeing.
Purpose of the Job:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help us deliver our mission which puts the Countryside Centre as the central hub for nature connection and awareness in North Devon. This aims to secure a sustainable financial future through new income streams whilst delivering on our vision of connecting locals and visitors alike to nature, promoting the unique character and enjoyment of the Braunton Coast and Countryside.
The project will employ a project coordinator with the aims of:
- Developing nature based events, activities and experiences in the Parish of Braunton.
- Promotion as a natural and cultural heritage hub in Braunton for our partners such as the North Devon Biosphere and Devon Wildlife Trust
- New interpretation, marketing assets and increased online presence
- Developing new business opportunities to secure new income streams for the Centre to support our financial future such as a coffee shop offer, increased sales items and membership schemes
- Engage people usually disadvantaged from taking part in nature e.g. by working with Live Well Braunton to support those who may be socially isolated from accessing nature.
- Ensure knowledge transfer of local biodiversity and ecological skills to the younger generation.
Our project partners include Braunton Parish Council, Live Well Braunton, The Tarka Trust, North Devon Biosphere and the North Devon AONB.
Please apply by email with your CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the post criteria and your ability to deliver the projects aims to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite and welcome applications from all sections of the community.