Post: Part-time 30 hours per week
Contract: Fixed Term 6 weeks to be undertaken between July – September 2023
Internship: Suitable for people aged 18 – 25 years
Rate: Up to £10/ hour depending on age.
Working Hours: Flexible with Evening and Weekend work required.
Closing Date for Applications: 2nd June 2023
Location: Braunton Countryside Centre, Caen Street, Braunton, Devon EX33 1AA.
Reporting To: Connect To Nature Project Officer
The Connect 2 Nature project is part of a National Heritage Lottery funded project which connects people with nature in and round the Parish of Braunton. It covers the following objectives:
- Developing nature based events, activities and experiences in the Parish of Braunton.
- Promotion as a natural and cultural heritage hub in Braunton for our partners such as the North Devon Biosphere and Devon Wildlife Trust
- New interpretation, marketing assets and online presence
- Developing new business opportunities to secure new income streams to the Centre to support our financial future such as a coffee shop offer, increased sales items and membership schemes
- Engage people usually disadvantaged from taking part in nature e.g. by working with Live Well Braunton to support those who may be socially isolated from accessing nature.
- Ensure knowledge transfer of local biodiversity and ecological skills to the younger generation.
We are looking for enthusiastic, organised and proactive intern who can work on their own initiative to help promote Braunton Countryside Centre to realise its full potential.
In return you will:
• Gain valuable experience in communications, field work skills and environmental knowledge
• Be able to network and meet with local experts and organisations
• Attend events such as our high profile talks and walks programme
• Gain knowledge on local ecological and sustainability issues.
This is a flexible position, but if you are able to help out at the Countryside Centre on weekends and at evening talks that would be an advantage.
Duties To Include:
• Helping to manage the Centre, including interacting with visitors to enhance their experience and to promote sales and fundraising activities
• Marketing and promotion of the Centre e.g. through the production of marketing materials, through social media and our website
• Supporting and helping out at events such as the talks programme such as event set up, catering and clean up
• Organising summer activities such as events for children
• Supporting field work such as habitat surveys
• Implementing your own ideas and initiatives which will further enhance the aims of the Countryside Centre
• Support the Project Coordinator with administrative tasks such as event and visitor recording, data input and stock takes.
• Other tasks as directed by the Project Coordinator related to the post
We are keen to hear from all sectors of the community. If there is a barrier or issue such as transport that may preclude you from applying from this position, please let us know so we can see how we might be able to accommodate you.