The BioCultural Heritage Tourism Project – reconnecting people to nature
Get off the beaten track and experience the real Braunton. Discover why the North Devon Biosphere is so special through our programme of environmental and cultural events delivered by passionate local experts and artisans.
About the Project
The BioCultural Heritage Project aims to develop activities and events that celebrate the connections between people and nature distinctive to Braunton’s natural environment and cultural heritage
Four English and French UNESCO Biosphere Regions have come together, with funding from the Interreg Channel region programme, to increase the economic value of tourism based on their natural and cultural resources, whilst reducing its environmental impact.
The project aims to:
1) Protect natural sites by managing the tourism flow and improving the experience of visitors
2) Raise awareness and encourage the involvement of local businesses in the programme
3) Create a diversified visitor offer for biocultural tourism destinations
Events Will Include:
• Wildlife encounters with local experts
• Local food and drink making and eating
• Natural crafts and arts
• Family nature activities
• Historical and cultural events
• Traditional and conservation skills
• Guided walks and tours
Join one of our events or activities for an unforgettable and unique experience. Connect back to nature, learn new skills, have fun and take a little bit of North Devon home in your heart.
For the latest on events and activities: